Thursday, February 20, 2014

new chapter of our life

I'm tempted to say my dreams have come true and our lives can finally begin! But that's not a fair statement.  I wouldn't trade the last eight years of marriage to Mr. Wright for anything in the world! I've loved the good times and I'm beyond grateful for the tough times. It's through those tough times (and man alive were they tough!) that we grew in our relationship with the Lord and with each other.

Last year (2013) was ah-maze-ing! We adopted Joshua, Maverick was born, and I quit work (thanks to a hubby who makes sacrifices daily so I can stay home)! I've challenged 2014 to try and top it.


And it's off to a good start!

Yesterday, at 9:00 AM, I got a phone call from Mr. Wright saying the bank accepted our offer on this.


It's a one acre lot in Forest Hills.  We moved out to Aubrey for what we planned to only be a few short years until we could buy some land.  It even took me a while to call my new home a house, it just seemed so temporary.  It was an hour from my work and family, a cookie-cutter home, and there was nothing (grocery stores, restaurants, gas stations, etc.) out this far! 

Six years later, although we're still in the same house, I've fallen in love with this area! I've found the country girl buried down inside and don't ever want to move back to the city. 

But we've outgrown our home. Something has to change! 

It will be a looooooong while before we can build. But it feels so good to have a new plan. Every time I get frustrated that our neighbors dogs won't stop barking and their music is too loud, I'll think about our land. When I'm angry because I have to move ten things to get to one thing I need, I'll think about our future home. When I have to clean the dog poop off Joshua's shoes, I'll think about our future yard. 

We've turned a new chapter in our lives for sure... 2 kids and a lot to build a new home on! Thank you Lord for these blessings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment