Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter

Easter is my favorite holiday!! I love the weather (most of the time), the pretty dresses, the food, the egg hunts, and most of all the reason we celebrate. I am in awe that the God of the universe sent His ONLY Son to die for me.  I celebrate that He overcame death and that the enemy is completely powerless! I love the words to this song "Christ is Risen" by Matt Maher.
"Christ is risen from the dead, trampling over death by death
Come awake, come awake, come and rise up from the grave.
Christ is risen from the dead, we are one with Him again,
Come awake, come awake, come and rise up from the grave."
I decided at the last minute to make Easter baskets for the boys.  I filled them with candy, and Joshua got a new water bottle and Maverick a plate and cup.  I don't let my boys eat much sugar so I'm regretting spending money on candy I don't let them eat. I hope to plan ahead next year and get books, a movie, toys, or things they can play with instead of eat.






"He is risen indeed! Happy Easter!"
We went to my cousin April's house for lunch and the egg hunt.  I'm not thrilled with the pictures I got of our family, but something is better than nothing. The boys had so much fun playing and hunting for eggs. I'm so grateful for family and traditions.




On Monday, we met my dad and Gay at Arbor Hills for a picnic.  The weather was gorgeous and it was so nice to just be outside and in each other's company.  We had sandwiches and then headed off on a walk. Jack brought his puppy Mozi and the kids loved playing with him! Of course I didn't get any pictures, but it was the perfect end to this Easter season.

No comments:

Post a Comment