Saturday, April 9, 2016

and he's off!

Today was an exciting day at our house!! Nana came out for the weekend to join us for our field trip and spend time with Joshua for his birthday. She took him to breakfast at the Egg and I and then to Target to pick out a toy. He chose a red lightsaber! He's never seen Star Wars but seems to have an intrinsic passion for it.

Then they came home and Joshua learned to ride a two-wheeler bike!  He's been using a balance bike for two years, and a bike with training wheels for six months.  I was amazed at how quickly he learned.  Nana couldn't keep up with him so she *had* to let go and he just kept going!  Within the hour he learned to turn, make U-turns, start on his own and even go up/down the curb.  We are so proud of our big boy!


For his birthday, we wanted to get him a new bike!  We went to Walmart and Joshua got a Mongoose bike... the same kind his dad first bought for himself.  He loves the big tires.  We can't wait to get out tomorrow and ride some more! I'm looking forward to family bike rides.  I love cycling and there's just something special about being outdoors, on a bike, with my family. 




Between the new bike, roller skates from grandmommy, and skateboard from Allen and Katie, he's going to be one busy boy! 

Finally, we all went to Blue Goose for dinner.  It's one of Joshua's favorite restaurants.


Anchor got to eat his very first tortilla! And our seven month old little boy is learning to sit up.  He's able to do it by himself for five to ten seconds... it's progress!! This momma is so ready for him to be sitting up and NOT spitting up.  But I also know I'll truly regret these days with my little boys.  I'm so proud of them for hitting milestones but it's bittersweet as it reminds me they won't stay this way forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment