Monday, June 22, 2015

Father's Day

I wanted to make Father's Day really special for Kenny this year. Last year we were in the middle of moving and I can't even remember what we did.  I want him to know what an awesome daddy he is to our wolfpack... he works endlessly and would do anything for our boys!  I feel in love with his father-like spirit before we even started dating and it's been such a blessing to see him exceed all I knew he would be.

It was a "yucky cloudy rainy day" so there wasn't any temptation to be outside.

We started with bagels from Einsteins... cinnamon sugar with strawberry cream cheese!

Then we gave Kenny gifts from the boys: a plate with their handprints, a new hat, some snacks, and a loofah!




Joshua loved helping to wrap his present and make his card. He enjoyed picking out snacks (though it was hard to understand they weren't for him).  I'm looking forward to seeing the boys grow up and put their own touch on his gifts... rather than me picking them out.

Next we made Kenny's favorite dessert, key lime pie!


We then went out to run errands.. Ikea for a new pillow, Columbia for some clothes, Taco Cabana for lunch, and to pick up his trailer. It honestly wouldn't have mattered where we went, we all just love riding in dad's truck!!

By the time we got back home, it was time for me to start dinner: chicken parmigiana, cesar salad, french bread, and of course our key lime pie dessert!  It was delicious!


It was a wonderful Father's Day and I'm looking forward to many more with my growing wolfpack!


"Like arrows in the hands of a warrior 
are sons born in one's youth." 
Psalm 127:4

No comments:

Post a Comment