Thursday, August 6, 2015

Anchor's baby shower

I am truly blessed with some wonderful friends, family, and life group.  Last night, some girls from our life group gave me a shower for Anchor.  Because he's our third and another boy, I was leery of even having yet another shower.  There was already a bad taste in my mouth from my previous showers for Joshua and Maverick (for one, they were just so close together, but another reason was that a friend went to A LOT of trouble to throw us a shower and NO ONE showed up or RSVP'd for that matter... extremely humiliating and frustrating).  We had everything we needed as far as clothing and baby gear is concerned. At the time, I had no plans to change the decor in his room.  (Since then, I've decided to throw out the pooh and decorate with anchors/whales and use more gray/blue instead of brown/green.)

I talked with Kenny and agreed to let them since they offered and we did need diapers/wipes.  I told them I just wanted to keep it small and celebrate life and not worry about gift registries, etc.

A friend recently gave me some maternity clothes and I found this gem of a dress! I was so glad it was blue and this was the perfect occasion for it!



They had it Grimaldi's Pizzeria in Grapevine.  Everything was decorated SOOOO cute.  Small and intimate... it was truly perfect! We were all able to sit at one table. We ordered pizza and played a game where you had to guess the children's book that certain quotes came from.  I collect children's books but didn't remember telling the host that... a tiny detail she remembered from when we had talked about homeschool curriculums... and it made the night so special.


mom won! 


Our life group leader made s'mores cupcakes... another FAVORITE of mine that I had not shared with her! They were ah.maz.ing! AMAZING!! Toasted marshmallow on top, moist chocolate cupcake, graham cracker crust... melted in my mouth! I'll definitely be ordering some more from her soon.



We got lots of diapers, wipes, and Target gift cards which will be so handy! My mom and sisters gave us a Snap N Go stroller... an absolute necessity!! Nicole made an awesome wall hanging with three arrows and Janette gave us a pillow with anchors on it.  The host gave us another wall hanging... and oddly enough, the colors all coordinate beautifully!






I couldn't stop talking about the evening to Kenny... it was such a blessing and healed my heart after my previous experiences with showers.  I've been thinking a lot about friendships lately and what makes a good friend vs. an acquaintance. I don't know why the Lord brings friends in and out of our lives for certain seasons, but He does.  I haven't been able to keep a friend for more than about five years.  I don't know yet if it's me or them... but I'm praying for a best friend that can stand by me no matter what and who's willing to invest as much into the friendship as I am.  I'm tired of being burned.



I'm now so eager to get Anchor's room ready, his clothes in the drawers, his initials and hangings on the wall, etc.  He'll be here soon!!!  I can't wait to meet him.

I was dead set that this one was a girl. But oh how sweet the Lord has been to me... teaching me that His ways are truly higher, that Anchor is exactly what He wants for our family. He gave us the perfect name.  And my love for him just grows deeper and deeper every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment