Friday, August 14, 2015

tenth anniversary

Yesterday we celebrated our tenth anniversary!  I can't believe how fast time has gone by and I love that I have more memories with Kenny than I do without him.  I know I believed we'd have kids by this point, but there was no way of knowing how God would give them to us. It's been such an incredible journey (hard but so worth it) and I can't to see how He unfolds the next ten years of our lives.  I know no matter what happens, we'll walk through it together as best friends.

Being 33 weeks pregnant, our options were pretty limited. But Kenny booked us a night at the Omni Hotel in Dallas.


We dropped the boys off with Janette around 10 on Thursday morning.  Of course we had to start things off with a trip to Starbucks and then I got a pedicure while Kenny got the car washed and ran some errands. After that we drove to a dealership to look at Yukons. They didn't have what we were looking for in stock and were kind of pricey.  I love it when salesman try to pull the wool over Kenny's eyes... there's NO fooling him!  He's done his research!

So we headed to the hotel early and sat out by the pool while they finished preparing our room.




We walked into a gorgeous room, with a great view, and lots of romance... roses, chocolates, chocolate covered strawberries, and champagne! It was SOOOO special!



I gave Kenny his present, a sign from Magnolia Market that says "grow old along with me, the best is yet to be..."  He really liked it and it's a miracle I waited so long to give it to him... I've had it in the house since May and usually my impulsivity gets the best of me!



Then we headed out for lunch at Taco Diner and to see if I could find a gold ring at Kendra Scott. (my fingers are so swollen I can't wear mine and I've been wanting a gold "wedding ring" to wear with my gold jewelry).  Unfortunately, the smallest size they carry is a five... way too big!

So we went back and spent more time by the pool.  My braxton hicks contractions started coming really close together (like 5-10 mins apart) for over half an hour.  I texted my midwife and she reminded me to drink LOOOOOTS of water.  Crazy how being dehydrated causes all kinds of problems. I'm thankful they stopped... I didn't want this night ruined.

We went to dinner at Texas Spice, a restaurant in the Omni.  We enjoyed their buffet... salad, main entree, and dessert.  Surprisingly, it was all really good!  We especially liked the ham mac and cheese, fingerling potatoes, fresh veggies/salad, and cake pops.  Most of the food at the restaurant is from local sources and all of it was very fresh. We could definitely taste the difference.

After dinner, we walked over to take pictures by Pegasus, but they didn't turn out.  We at least got a picture of the view. It was really pretty!



We went back out to the pool and Kenny sat in the hot tub. There was a nice breeze and it was so relaxing! When we got back to our room, it was arranged romantically again and just reminded us of how special this night was.



We woke up at our usual time, 6:30am, but it was nice to lay in bed an extra hour and not have to get the kids up and fed. We went back to Texas Spice for a breakfast buffet that was just as good as dinner... fruit, eggs, bacon, cinnamon rolls and coffee cake, and hash brown casserole. 



Crazy to believe that we could sit outside in August in Texas! But it was a really nice morning... there was a breeze and it was only 78.  We went to the pool one last time and I put my feet in the hot tub.  I'm definitely looking forward to sitting in one again!

We packed up and headed for the GMC dealership... this time to actually test drive the Yukon XL.  BIG MISTAKE! I'm soooooo in love! It was so incredibly hard to contain my excitement. It's a beautiful car and has so many features that will make my life as a mom of 3 young boys so much easier.  I love:
  • bucket seats in second row
  • two DVD players
  • push to start, heated steering wheel, heated/cooled seats (luxuries Kenny has been enjoying)
  • technology to help me change lanes and alerts me if I'm about to hit something
  • turning radius is great!
  • back up camera will be really helpful when parking
  • seats fold down with push of a button
  • motion sensor to open back hatch, and I can open/close it from front seat
  • SO. MUCH. STORAGE!
It's so hard to wait now that I know what's coming. But Kenny says "good things come to those who wait."  We'll see if that's true... I'll definitely write about it when we get it! 

To finish it off, we went to see The Man From U.N.C.L.E. at the new Moviehouse and Eatery in Flower Mound. They have recliners so even at 33 weeks I could be comfortable. 

I enjoyed every minute with Kenny and am so grateful for the 24 hours away to celebrate and reminisce. But I really missed my boys. Grandmommy took good care of them. They went to the library and the circus!  It's comforting to know they were in good hands and having a great time.  But this momma was still counting the hours until we could pick them up.







We hope to go somewhere special next year, maybe Costa Rica, to celebrate our "tenth" in a big way!  But for now, at 33 weeks pregnant, this was just perfect.  

Thank you mi amor for a wonderful, perfect anniversary celebration.  I love you more and more every day.  I'm so thankful and blessed to do life with you. Thanks for choosing me!

No comments:

Post a Comment