Friday, April 10, 2015

because I need to start blogging again

I've been convicted this week about how I spend my time.  I'm ashamed to say I watch too much TV at night when kids are asleep and let's not even mention how much I spend on Facebook.

So I've decided to start reading Bonhoeffer.  All 624 pages. I'll let you know how that goes.

I also want to start blogging again. Hopefully it will be bi-weekly. But we'll see where this stage of life takes me. I'm 15 weeks pregnant with baby number 3.  While we're thrilled about the new little one, I'm terrified that we're officially outnumbered.  But I'm also eager to see where God takes us in this new season as a family of FIVE! And what a beautiful blessing it is that I can say family and mean daddy, mommy, and three miracles. There was a day when "miracles" were a longing... a hope... but an unknown.

To kickstart this whole shindig, here are some recent happenings from the Wright household.


On April 1,  Joshua started a Kid's Day Out program at First Baptist Church Corinth. He loves it! When I first inquired about their openings they were full.  They suggested putting Joshua in the four year old class. But by this time most of the four year olds have turned five and Joshua was barely four. I knew that would not be a good fit but wanted to tour the school for next year. On the way, we prayed God wouldn't open up a spot for Joshua. As we were touring, the director saw Joshua's enthusiasm and said we could start ASAP.  I told her after much thought and consideration I did not feel like Joshua would be a good fit in the four's class.  She responded saying they had a student from the THREE year old class leave the previous week, so a spot had suddenly opened up! PRAISE THE LORD and HALLELUJAH!! Not only for opening a spot, but for answering our prayers in a concrete way that my four year old son could understand.

We walked in the first day and saw two families we knew from a previous homegroup.  All of our kids will be in the same class next year! God is faithful to the utmost!  I am humbled by how He's orchestrated these events.  So currently Joshua is going two days a week and next year Maverick will join him one day a week so mommy can run errands with *just* the newborn. =)



For Joshua's fourth birthday we painted kites! It was a super windy but beautiful day.  We taped the kites and paint down and the kids had a blast painting!







When we tried flying kites, we realized it was gusty but not windy. Just as the kites went up they came crashing down as the wind suddenly died.  Thankfully we had a bounce house and trampoline and everyone still had a great time. I can't believe how time has flown... that the little boy who entered our lives just before his second birthday is now FOUR!  It's been a year of ups and downs as we've all adjusted, but the joy and sweet spirit I see in Joshua is priceless.  I know God has a mighty calling on his life and I'm eager to see it unfold.  We love you Joshua!!




This little punkins is 16.5 months old and LOVES being outside!  He loves brooms and dustpans, water, food, and his daddy!  He plays hard and sleeps hard just like his big brother.  He keeps us laughing with his facial expressions and easy going personality.  He is trying so hard to walk!! But I've been amazed how he's developed on his own timeframe just as God designed.  I'm learning to let go of my desire to control and my timeline and just let them be.




Kenny's work is going well and keeping him SUPER busy.  We are grateful for the provision since we have seen seasons where work is incredibly hard to come by.  We miss our daddy every second he's gone but make use of the time he's home.




I don't know exactly what this next season holds in store for the Wrights.  But my goal is to worship God in everything I do, right where I'm at... as a stay-at-home mom.  God knows I've prayed and prayed and prayed for this day for so many years.  Even though it's hard and sometimes ugly, it is a beautiful blessing and I don't want to wish it all away.  My prayer is that in keeping up with this blog I can see the Lord's hand on EVERYthing in our lives... the big AND the little.  He is so so good.

"For everything there is a season..." Ecclesiastes 3:1


No comments:

Post a Comment